Today we have guest blogger – Michael Mesaros – director of Product Management.
What every data owner should read before hackers and auditors come knocking!
According to the Economist, data has surpassed oil as the most valuable asset. Data gives organizations unprecedented advantages, enabling them to find new ways to serve customers and create value. Your data is your asset, but unless you protect it well it could fall in wrong hands and become a liability.
We hear reports about breaches almost daily and by some estimates on average over 10 million records are lost or stolen each day worldwide. In addition, new laws and regulations such as the European Union’s GDPR are forcing organizations to take a hard look at how they manage and protect data. Since databases contain most of their sensitive data assets, organizations are now appreciating the importance of securing their databases.
Oracle Database provides the industry’s most comprehensive security. Read the latest eBook from Oracle, Securing the Oracle Database: A Technical Primer, authored by the Oracle Database Security Product Management team to:
- Learn the various approaches hackers use to try to gain access to your sensitive data.
- Understand the multiple layers of assessment, preventive, and detective security controls you need to protect your data.
- Guide your teams with strategies to shrink the attack surface and keep your databases secure, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Use this book as a quick study into what every Database or Security Director/VP should know about the security of Oracle Databases. This book will help you answer questions such as:
- What are my options for authenticating and authorizing database users?
- How do I enforce separation of duties and limit access to data by administrators and other privileged users?
- How can I leverage encryption and key management to protect data in motion and at rest?
- How do I create application data sets that are safe to use in test, development and production environments?
- How do I audit database user activities and generate management and compliance reports?
- How do I monitor database activity and protect from attacks such as SQL injection?
- How do I leverage authorization technologies to build secure applications?
- How can I evaluate the security posture of my database, and understand what controls I can implement to manage risk?
- What is EU GDPR, and how can database security technologies help with this and other regulatory compliance requirements?
- What do I need to know about securing databases in the cloud?
Breaches are happening faster than ever and it is crucial that you are prepared with a sound database security strategy. Hackers aren’t resting in their endless quest to acquire your data, and we cannot risk resting either. Arm yourself with up-to-date information about these database securityconcepts.
Let’s start by securing the source!
Let’s start by securing the source! Download your eBook
Join a Database month event: Inside the Mind of a Database Hacker with Penny Avril, VP of Oracle Database Server Technologies and Mark Fallon, Lead Security Architect, Oracle Database
Learn more about Oracle Database Security Solutions